Invest In What Matters To You
Markets are continually changing and understanding how or if it affects you can be overwhelming. That’s why the value of financial advice is more important now than ever before.
Investing Is Complex
Our portfolio management team looks at ratios, profit margins, business plans, and the latest news, pouring over the tiniest details to find an edge. Our knowledge and insight into the stock market enables us to craft an investment portfolio uniquely tailored to you. Through ongoing collaboration and monitoring, our team is able to discover new avenues for you to invest your wealth and accomplish your goals. In addition to managing your investments, we’ll educate you on the rationale behind each investment decision so you’re well-versed in the logic of our approach.
Our Investment Philosophy
- Diversify across different asset classes. Avoid putting all your money in real estate, stocks, bonds or any single investment class.
- Diversify within asset classes. Don’t put all your money in a favourite stock or one piece of property.
- Diversify across markets, countries, and currencies around the world. We live in a global economy, so don’t make the mistake of investing solely in your own country.
- Diversify across time. You’re never going to know the right time to buy anything, but if you keep adding to your investments systematically over months and years you reduce your risk and increase your returns over time.
Our Investment Process
Asset allocation is one of the most important elements of building your portfolio.
Analysis of Current Position
- Income – controllable vs uncontrollable
- Expenses – cash flow requirements
- Existing assets & liabilities
- Personal preferences
- Funding short term goals
- Planning for retirement
- Leaving a legacy
- Enhancing business
- Investment knowledge
- Time horizon
- Ability to assume risk
- Willingness to accept risk
Required Rate of Return
- Determined through financial goals
- Goal-based funding
- Liquidity needs
- Tax considerations
Our Investment Services
These accounts are fee-based, with a fully managed discretionary portfolio experience for clients. With the peace of mind that comes with having your advisor personally manage the day-to-day investment decision-making process, a deeper focus can be placed on other important aspects of their daily lives.
Premier Accounts are offered in a non-discretionary, fee-based format, that replaces traditional commission-paid trading. The fee charged is based on household assets and covers a variety of services including investment advice, trading charges and annual account administration fees.
The Manulife Securities Masters Private Account Program is an investment management program that offers our clients direct access to world class Portfolio Managers who are dedicated to managing your money on an individual basis.
Whether saving for retirement, a large purchase, or a child’s post-secondary education, we have investment solutions that can fit your needs.